14 April 2010

I Have A Dream....


Today is a national holiday for the United States - Martin Luther King Jr. Day. A man with revolutionary ideas, hopes, and actions.
      I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the         
       difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I 
       still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted 
       in the American dream.    - mlk
This line from a 17 minute speech is one of many that stands true in my life today. 2010 is a new year - a new hope for many in this country. Most are struggling with misfortune, loss, and grief. In the case for Haiti, they too are dealing with more than we are. My heart goes out to them. 
I too, still have a dream. A dream that I hope to continue to live out this upcoming year. No, it’s not a new year’s resolution. It is a goal. I wish to be faithful. There is a quote by Mother Theresa that says, 
       In this life, we are not called to be successful. 
       We are called to be faithful. 
This is my goal. If you know me personally, you know that I am more than just a business owner, a daughter, a friend, a soon-to-be-wife. I am a Catholic. I willingly - a voluntarily crazy about God - Catholic. This year, my goal for this business is to be a faithful business woman. 
I look to people like Martin Luther King Jr. and Mother Theresa as inspiration. They persevered in times of difficulties & in times when there was frustration - just as he states in his speech on August 28th. Faithfulness is not easy. I personally think faithfulness can be defined as  “difficult & frustrating”, but it is beautiful. I’m excited for the upcoming new year. I know my faithfulness will give me the tools I need keep making Kristina-Nicole a successful, strong business. 
xo, 
Kristina-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! xoK