I wanted to leave a post about my "crazy" week that I've been having & my absence from the cyber world.
Not as many blog posts, almost no facebook blurbs and no emails.
My Opa past away on Saturday morning, May 8th. I've been mourning & handling family affairs.
Thank you for your understanding and loyalty. I am SO VERY APPRECIATIVE of all of you!!
This was a photo taken of the night of my engagement. Opa is congratulating us!
I don't have any on my computer of 'the good ol days'. But let me tell you a little about his life events & adventures:
- Police Commissioner of the Dutch East Indies (when Holland owned Indonesia)
- Killed boars and tigers (he was a hunter - it was one of his favorite things to do)
- Played Semi-Pro Soccer for the Dutch team, on the Islands
- Was your personal "Indiana Jones" - He loved his Jeep and jumping around the jungle in his khaki shorts and rifle
- He ALWAYS wore a smile and ALWAYS had a story to tell
- Survived three years in a POW Japanese concentration camp, as a political prisoner
- Migrated by boat to the States in the 50s
- Never said No to something sweet
- Maintained the family Coat of Arms
- Loved animals and actually taught my previous dog commands in Dutch
Opa - I Love you!!