I came back to "work" (a.k.a. making projects for people & being paid to play with paint & paper) today & found that my website said "August 2010" and I haven't posted on here since July! ACK!
Well, I have a good excuse - I promise! On October 1st, 2010 I married my best friend.
Chris & I were married at St. Peter & St. Paul Church in Southern California. It was beautiful! The day went by slowly (as I hoped it would) and friends & family were there to help us celebrate.
So, there are a few things I've learned about getting married:
1. Bride Brain. There is such a thing. You're head becomes so full of information and important facts that it forgets all that information and important facts.
2. Spiritual Warfare. If you're drawing closer to the Lord - there's a whole group of cronies just pulling you down & distracting you.
3. Take a week vacation before hand and a week vacation after. I was running around in circles the week before and now, 5 days after my wedding day - I still haven't slept much. Hosting family, living at the airport waiting for flights to come in, dinners, lunches, coffees, favors, table numbers, seating chart, seating chart, seating chart, seating chart.
4. Seating Chart. FYI: You'll be changing it again in the 11th hour.
5. Don't Eat Too Much. Everyone says "Make Sure You Eat". Well I did. And then when I got nervous, I wanted to hurl. It's all about balance. : /
I'm excited to share with you all the DIY projects that were made for the wedding. And special thanks to Mom (Mom-in-Law), Lindsey, & Valdes'. You all helped glue, assemble, and organize. Valdes' - thanks for letting me take over your dining room to do said glueing, assembling, and organizing.
Many blessings have come this past week.
St. Therese of Lisieux, Pray for us.