20 March 2011

St. Patrick's Day Projects: Photo Dump

Hi Loves!

Well, as you can see I haven't posted anything since the beginning of the month! Why...? I had left my camera cord in Florida! It just arrived a couple of days ago (thanks Mom!) and I am so excited to share with you the fun projects I had made PRIOR to St. Patty's day. Enjoy!


::"Lucky" a Mini Mini book::
This book was made for a dear friend of mine - Paula. (You can see a link to her blog on the left). She & I trade projects every now and then. This is what I made her for March!

.front cover. 
I made this book using a lunch paper bag. I painted it green on both sides & folded in half. 

.zoom on front cover.
After the paint dried (and the gold Glimmer Mist), I layered brown glitter paper & a holiday print. Next I added a journal spot with the "lucky me" stamp - glittering the word ME. I embellished with embossed shamrocks from a Quickutz die and inked those up too. Then I bling-ed it out! 

.inside pockets.
I matted the inside covers with the same print as the front cover, inking the edges. Next, I cut a 6" scalloped circle (I bought it this way) in half and glued the bottom edge & about an inch on each side to create a pocket. I used a felt shamrock I had as a template to outline the designs on each pocket & then glittered them up with a glue pen & emerald green glitter. 

 .inside with tags.
I made four tags - each with different types of green ribbon: sheer, gold piping, striped, & flocked. I inked the edges of each green & stamped them with a mini shamrock. 

.zoom of set of tags.
Here is a closer look at that cute little shamrock stamp all glitzed out. 

.back cover.
Here you can see my lovely paint job! And as always, my stamp of originality. :D


::Earthy Shamrock Tags::
I made these tags for all the girls at work. I full set of 9 were created. 

 
.showing 3 of 9. 
I used a basic manilia tag & covered it with (discontinued) Rusty Pickle paper. - It was very difficult to cut it up, but they are worth it :D
I inked the edges in brown. Next I cut out the scallop circle out of green bazzill using a Spellbinders die (the Fleur De Lis pack I think). Trimming it in half I placed each side above & below the burlap ribbon. 

 .zoom on embellishments.
The burlap ribbon was rigid enough that it remained creased when folded. I trimmed up the tails to give it a "banner" feel. The shamrock gem in the middle is by Darice. I coated it with Pirate's Gold embossing powder (a dull, dark gold) and heat set it. I was really happy to find out that my little experiment of embossing on plastic didn't scratch off when it cooled down. Yippie! 


 ::March ATCs::
A mix of Mardi Gras & St. Patrick's Day. I took a picture of each from a front view and a side view - so you could see the dimensional work. 

 "Mask"


"Patrick in Glass on Yellow"

 "Celtic Knot"


 "Jedi Blessings"


 "Pop Culture"


 "Bling-ed Out"

::Wife & Dog::
This little ATC was made by my husband. He came into my studio one morning while I was making all the ATCs above. As we were talking he discovered my corner rounder. After playing with it (as all men play with toys & gadgets) he made me this ATC card. I think it's the best one I've ever received!! 

Chris drew me (on left with three hearts above my head) and Charlie our dog - who apparently says "woof" :D

xo,

1 comment:

  1. YOu have some really wonderful and unique projects here on your blog.

    I found you through Momo. Isn't this the sweetest thing she is doing for us! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! xoK