Journal: Mixed Media Paper
Base: Newspaper Article
Medium: Acrylic Paints (Cream, Yellow, Orange, Pink)
Image: Cut from a Catholic gift catalog
Pen: Pilot Precise V7 Fine Tip
Ink: Inkadinkado Dye Ink - Black, Yellow marker (a child's marker)
Alpha: Rubber Stamp: Studio G Uppercase Typeset
- I am still out of my art studio from my move to FL, so since I did not have glue or sealer, I used the cream Acrylic paint as an adhesive. I mixed the paint with a little water and dipped strips of the news article in the solution. Think paper mache`.
- After all the layering was finished, I smeared more cream paint (paint alone, no water) over on the right side & laid Mary on top. I used my fingers (again, no art studio = no brayer) to smoosh Her down.
- I added dots of pink paint on opposite corners then swiped up and down with my fingers to create stripes.
- I added a splash of yellow paint on the right side & wiped it up & down also - but using a paper towel.
- I wanted to add orange, so I dipped my thumb in the paint & added my print to the right side on the bottom. The motive behind this was to symbolize that God, my Creator, has His fingerprints all over me - I am His.
- Once the paint dried, I hand wrote the verse with pen, stamped the verse reference, and added a halo to Mary, Jesus the Child, and Jesus the Lamb.
- I also outlined any of the religious words from the news article (I found one on the Passion from this weekend's Easter edition).
To see other Catholic Art Journal Entries click HERE.